Sarah Shahi, a well-known American actress, was born in Euless, Texas, on January 10, 1980. Discover more about Sarah Shahi, including her age, spouse, net worth, height, weight, and family. Learn more about Sarah Shahi’s major successes or accomplishments.
Sarah Shahi Biography
Sarah Shahi (born January 10, 1980) is an American actress and former NFL cheerleader. She was born and raised in Texas, and began her career as a beauty queen, winning Miss Fort Worth USA in 1997. She then went on to work as a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader for two years.
|Date of Birth||January 10, 1980|
|Birth Place||Euless, Texas, United States|
|Residence||Euless, Texas, United States|
|Siblings||Samantha Shahi, Cyrus Shahi|
|Spouse||Steve Howey ( Divorced )|
|Height||5 Feet 9 Inches|
|Net Worth||USD $3 million approx|
|Category||Actors & Actresses|
Shahi’s acting career began in 2000 with a small role in the TV series “City Guys”. She has since appeared in numerous TV shows and films, including “Alias“, “The L Word”, “Chicago Fire“, “Person of Interest“, and “Sex/Life“.
In addition to her acting career, Shahi is also an activist and philanthropist. She has worked with organizations such as the Make-A-Wish Foundation, PETA, and the International Rescue Committee.
Shahi is married to actor Steve Howey, and they have three children together.
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Body Measurements||34-24-35 inches|
|Height||5 feet 3 inches (1.60 m)|
|Weight||54 kg (119 lbs)|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||7 (US)|
|Dress Size||2 (US)|
Sarah Shahi, also known as Aahoo Jahansuzshahi (Persian), is an American actress and former NFL cheerleader. She portrayed Carmen in The L Word in 2008, and then Kate Reed in Pretty Legal (2011–2012).
She has portrayed detective-type characters in a number of her films and television shows, Samina of which she played in the CBS criminal thriller series Funny Faces from 2012 to 2016.
Aahoo Jahansozshahi was reared in Euless, Texas, in the United States. She is the child of Mahmonir Sorushazar and Abbas Jahansuz Shahi (an interior designer). When she was just 10 years old, her parents had a divorce.
Shahi met director Robert Altman while working as an extra on the set of Doctor T and Woman in Texas at the 2012 Monte Carlo TV Festival. He urged her to pursue acting opportunities in Hollywood.
In Sleeper Cell’s second season, she also played Faro. She portrayed Zoe in Rush Hour 3 in 2007, a well-dressed affluent girl being pursued by Chris Tucker’s Detective Carter.
Sarah Shahi Education
|School||Trinity High School|
|College||Southern Methodist University|
Sarah Shahi Career
|Profession||Actress, TV Actress|
|Known For||Black Adam Adrianna Tomaz (2022)|
|Debut, Film||T and the Women (2000)|
|TV Show||City Guys (2000)|
|Net Worth||USD $3 million approx|
|Spouse/Ex||Steve Howey (M. 2009)|
|Children||Knox Blue Howey, Violet Moon Howey, William Wolf Howey|
Childhood & Early Life
- Abbas Jahansouz Shahi and Mah Monir Soroush Azar welcomed a daughter, Sarah, into the world on January 10, 1980 in Euless, Texas. Her mother was an Iranian-Spain born in Spain, and her father was from Iran. Sarah has an older sister named Samantha and an older brother named Cyrus.
- The Persian name Aahoo, which denotes a gazelle, was given to Sarah. She changed her name to Sarah following a song in the second grade. She made a deliberate choice to alter her name since her pals were making fun of her. Sarag’s parents separated when she was ten years old.
- She attended Trinity High School for her early schooling before going on to Southern Methodist University to study in both English and theatre. She excelled in athletics while in school.
- She caught the modelling bug while still in school. Since she was just eight years old, her parents brought her to beauty pageants. She later succeeded in winning the Miss Fort Worth pageant in 1997.
Family & Relatives
|Father Name||Abbas Jahansouz Shahi|
|Mother Name||Mahmonir Shahi (Interior Designer)|
|Brother Name||Cyrus Shahi|
|Sister Name||Samantha Shahi|
|Currently dating||Adam Demos|
|No. of Children||3|
|Son||Knox Blue Howey, William Wolf Howey|
|Daughter||Violet Moon Howey|
|Past Relationships:||Steve Howey (m. 2009–2021)|
What Sarah Shahi is doing right now?
In the comedy-drama series Sex/Life, Sarah Shahi is now working in one of the lead roles as Billie Connelly (2022).
Sarah is presently working on the following films:
Red White & Royal Blue
- In 1999, Sarah Shahi, who wanted to be an actress, joined the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders team. She was on the squad’s calendar’s front cover the following year.
- She first met filmmaker Robert Altman in Texas while working as an extra on “Dr. T and the Women,” who advised she relocate to Hollywood. She afterwards relocated to Los Angeles, where she was cast in minor roles in several television shows, such as “City Boys,” “Spin City,” “Boston Public,” “Off Center,” and so on.
- She appeared in seven episodes of the television show “Alias” between 2001 and 2002 as Jenny. She has took on supporting parts in a number of well-known comedies, including “Dawson’s Creek,” “Reba,” “ER,” “Frasier,” “Century City,” and “Supernatural.”
- Her acting career took off in 2003 when she landed her first credit role as Erica in the movie “Old School.” She appeared in other movies after that, including “A Lot Like Love,” “For Your Consideration,” “Rush Hour 3,” “Shades of Ray,” “Crossing Over,” “AmericanEast,” and others.
- She was cast as DJ Carmen de la Pica Morales in “The L Word” in 2005. She had a two-year deal and continued to portray her role through 2007. She has accepted various guest appearances in a number of TV shows, such as “Sleeper Cell,” “The Sopranos” on HBO, and “Kennedy and Heidi.”
- With Damian Lewis as her co-star in the NBC television series “Life,” Sarah Shahi experienced her biggest professional break. She portrayed homicide investigator Dani Reese in it. Before being cancelled, the show aired for two seasons.
- She was cast as the lead in the 2009 USA Network pilot “Facing Kate,” which would subsequently become “Fairly Legal.” The sitcom centred on Kate, a legal mediator who was frustrated by the injustice and red tape in the court system. After two seasons, the programme was cancelled.
- On the NBC television programme “Chicago Fire,” she played Lt. Kelly Severide’s romantic interest in 2012. Afterwards she appeared in “Person of Interest” as Sameen Shaw. In season 2, she had a few cameos, but starting in season 3, she started appearing regularly on the show. In addition to this, she performed in notable TV shows including “Relevance,” “Ray Donovan,” and “Pitch.” Moreover, Sarah Shahi appeared in the movies “Static” and “Bullet to Head.”
- She was given the role of renowned detective Nancy Drew after giving birth in a projected TV series based on the same-named book series. The show, however, did not air on television. She continued to appear as Sameen Shaw until the end of “Person of Interest” in June 2016 at the same time.
- Sarah Shahi currently appears in the NBC television series “Reverie” and “Michael Bolton’s Big, Sexy Valentine’s Day Special.”
- Although Sarah Shahi’s first starring role on the NBC television series “Life” may have been her passport to popularity, her acting career includes more achievements than just that.
- She starred as DJ Carmen de la Pica Morales in “The L Word” in 2005, which became one of her most famous roles. Though she was confused whether to accept the job or not, Shahi now views it as her greatest performance.
- She had to adopt a lesbian persona for the part and engage in lovemaking sequences with other ladies. She was originally wary of the expectations the character made, but with time she came to see that it was the best chance for her to showcase her skills.
- She now views it as her ideal part and believes it to be some of her greatest work.
Personal Life & Legacy
- On February 7, 2009, Sarah Shahi wed actor Steve Howey in Las Vegas, United States. They had been formally engaged for around twenty months after dating for six years.
- The couple welcomed William Wolf Howey, their first child, in 2009. She gave birth to twins, son Knox Blue and daughter Violet, in March 2015.
Sarah Shahi Movies
|The Death and Return of Superman (2011)||(Comedy, Short, Sci-Fi)|
|Shades of Ray (2008)||(Romance, Drama, Comedy)|
|Old School (2003)||(Comedy)|
|Crossing Over (2009)||(Crime, Drama)|
|Michael Bolton’s Big, Sexy Valentine’s Day Special (2017)||(Musical, Comedy, Music, Romance)|
|A Lot Like Love (2005)||(Comedy, Romance, Drama)|
|The Dog Problem (2006)||(Comedy)|
|For Your Consideration (2006)||(Comedy)|
|Rush Hour 3 (2007)||(Crime, Action, Comedy, Thriller)|
|Road to Paloma (2014)||(Drama, Thriller)|
Sarah Shahi Images